- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped mint
- 2 eggplants, thinly sliced (around 1/4-inch) lengthwise
- 1 cup mixed lettuce, torn
- 12 wood skewers, soaked in water or wine/water mixture for an hour
- Place the lamb, garlic, ginger, pine nuts, cumin, paprika, coriander, 2 teaspoons mint and red pepper flakes in a large mixing bowl. Using your hands, mix together. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Place the yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar, parsley and mint in the bowl of a food processor and process until well mixed. Let sit for at least 1/2 hour to allow flavors to blend. If refrigerated, bring to room temperature before serving.
- Rub each side of the eggplant slices with olive oil and season with sea salt. Grill on a grill pan or barbeque over medium heat until cooked through and softened, turning once. Set aside.
- Shape lamb mixture into 2-inch long oval sausage shapes around skewers (you should have 12 kabobs). Rub with olive oil and grill in a grill pan or on a barbeque over medium heat until cooked through, turning occasionally – around 20 minutes for medium-rare on a grill pan.
- Divide eggplant slices between 4 serving plates. Top with mixed greens. Spoon yogurt sauce over the top. Place Kabobs on plate around the sauce.
You will have some of the sauce leftover. The next day, I made a sandwich wrap of roasted turkey, grilled asparagus, sliced tomatoes, feta cheese and the mint-yogurt sauce and it was yummy!