A family favorite for over 40 years, this quick and easy Berry Cobbler Recipe takes only 5 minutes to prepare, with 5 ingredients. No batter mixing required!
- 1 can (15 to 16 ounce) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 heaping cups fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries, or a mix) – see Note
- 8 to 9 ounces yellow cake mix – see Note
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 7×11-inch baking dish.
- Spread pineapple evenly in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Top with berries.
- Sprinkle cake mix evenly over the top.
- Scatter pecans over cake mix.
- Drizzle melted butter evenly over the top. Let sit for a few minutes to allow the butter to seep into the cake mix a bit.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until bubbly and topping is a nice golden brown.
- Best served warm or at room temperature but not hot, with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Berries: Can also substitute frozen berries, or 1 can of apple, cherry or blueberry pie filling.
Make ahead: Cobbler can be made earlier in the day, covered and held at room temperature.
Yellow cake mix: If using Jiffy brand, one 9-ounce package is perfect. Most other brands come in a 15 to 16-ounce package, so use half.
Keywords: cobbler, dessert, fresh berries