- 1/2 loaf sliced Italian bread (such as Ciabatta)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 can (15 ounce) cannellini (white) beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons white truffle oil (or more to taste)
- Chopped flat leaf parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut bread slices into 1- to 2-inch pieces and brush with olive oil, using around 3 tablespoons. Place bread pieces, oiled side down, on a baking sheet. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until toasted and light golden brown. Remove from oven, turn pieces over (oiled side up now) and set aside – leave on baking sheet.
- In a food processor, mix together the beans, lemon juice, garlic and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and purée until creamy and smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread purée on toast pieces and sprinkle walnuts on the top. Drizzle with truffle oil and garnish with chopped parsley. Move from baking sheet to a pretty platter and serve.
Make ahead: Bean purée can be made up to 1 day ahead, covered and stored in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before using. Bread can be toasted earlier in the day and stored in a Ziploc baggie, at room temperature.