Quick and easy to prepare, Chopped Salad with Apples, Pecans and Feta Cheese is a colorful, elegant, side salad. Hearty greens are mixed with chopped apples, pecans, feta, dried cranberries and golden raisins, then tossed with a simple vinaigrette.
- 15 ounces mixed hearty greens (baby kale, baby spinach, Swiss chard and/or arugula), chopped*
- 1 large granny smith apple, cored and chopped
- 4 ounces (1 tub) feta cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup mixed dried fruit (dried cranberries, golden raisins, blueberries)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate-quince white balsamic vinegar (can also use regular white balsamic)
- 3 tablespoons lime olive oil (can also use extra virgin olive oil)
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the chopped greens, apple, feta cheese, pecans and dried fruit.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Shortly before serving, toss the salad with half of the dressing. Add more as needed. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
*if using regular not baby kale, make sure to remove thick stems