- Yield: Makes around 1 cup 1x
- Category: sauces, gluten free, quick and easy
- Cuisine: Southwestern
- 2 – 3 large bunches cilantro, thick stems removed
- 1 (2-inch) Jalapeno pepper, seeded (can leave some seeds for more spice)
- 3 to 4 medium to large garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, see Note
- Juice from around 1/2 large lime
- kosher salt, to taste
- In a blender or food processor, combine the cilantro, pepper, garlic, and nuts. Process until well blended.
- With the machine running, slowly add the oil until blended.
- Add the lime juice and kosher salt to taste.
- Cover and let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes, to allow the flavors to blend.
Note on olive oil: If you use 1/4 cup oil, the consistency of the pesto will be like a paste. With 1/3 cup, it will be more liquid.
© A Well-Seasoned Kitchen ®