Bold and beautiful Cranberry Vinaigrette is a quick, easy and festive way to brighten up most any holiday salad. It can be prepared with cranberry relish, chutney, sauce or even frozen cranberry cocktail!
- 1/4 cup cranberry relish, chutney or sauce (can also use cranberry cocktail concentrate)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon-pear balsamic vinegar – or white balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt, to taste
- In the bowl of a small food processor or blender, whirl together the cranberry, mustard, oils and vinegar. Season to taste with kosher salt.
- Put in a jar and let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
Make ahead: Vinaigrette can be kept, covered, in the refrigerator for several days.
To increase tartness: If your cranberry relish is more on the sweet side, you might want to use white wine vinegar instead of the balsamic vinegar, to lessen the sweetness.
Note on color: your vinaigrette may come out lighter – or darker – in color than my photograph. It depends on the ingredients in the cranberry sauce and/or what vinegar you use. It will still be just as delicious!