8 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons sour cream
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
1 (10 ounce) bottle cocktail sauce, divided
1 pound cooked shrimp, peeled, deveined, coarsely chopped, and patted dry with paper towel
1 small (2.25 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
1 small green pepper, cored and chopped
2 cups finely shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup chopped green onion (white, light green and some of the dark green portion)
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the cream cheese, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, cayenne pepper and garlic. Spread mixture evenly in the bottom of a 8 or 9-inch glass pie plate or rimmed serving dish.
- Spread 1 cup cocktail sauce evenly over top of the cream cheese mixture.
- On top of cocktail sauce, layer (in the following order) the shrimp, olives, green pepper, and shredded cheese. Finish with green onion on top.
- Garnish with 3 shrimp, if desired.
- Serve with tortilla chips and remaining cocktail sauce on the side.
Make ahead: Can be prepared earlier in the day, covered and refrigerated. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Category: appetizers, make ahead, easy entertaining