(See gluten-free adaptations in the Notes section at the bottom of the recipe.)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Place the chicken broth in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low.
- In a separate large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Stir in rice and lemon zest. Cook over medium heat, stirring for 5 minutes. Stir in the hot broth and salt, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in the lemon juice, then stir in the cream. Continue to stir over low heat until the cream is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Gluten free: Use gluten-free chicken broth.
Lighter Version: Prepare as above, omitting the cream.
Variation: Reduce cream to 1/2 cup, and when you add the cream, also add 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley.
- Category: side dishes, gluten free