- 24 to 32 asparagus spears, tough ends removed (see Tip)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 8 thin slices of prosciutto
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Toasted bread crumbs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss the asparagus spears with olive oil to coat and sprinkle with kosher salt. Divide asparagus into 8 bundles of 3 to 4 spears each. Tie a piece of prosciutto around each bundle. Place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese and/or breadcrumbs, if desired.
Make ahead: Prepare the asparagus but don’t bake it earlier in the day. Cover and store at room temperature.
Tip on asparagus: Asparagus spears have a tough end to them that needs to be removed before cooking. Grab the tough end with one hand (between your thumb and first finger). Grab the tip with your other hand and gently bend the tip end downward, holding the tough end still. The spear will snap in two at the right point, where the tough part stops. Discard tough ends.
- Category: side dish, easy entertaining, gluten free