Roasting Fresh Tomatoes
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings 1x
- Category: how to, side dishes, tomatoes
- 8 plum tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil (or more if tomatoes are very large)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut tomatoes in half crosswise. Trim bottoms so they can sit upright. Gently squeeze out seeds.
- Place tomatoes, cut side up, on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with rosemary, thyme and salt. Drizzle olive oil over the top of the tomatoes.
- Roast for 45 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Make ahead: Tomatoes can be roasted earlier in the day and kept at room temperature until serving.
© A Well-Seasoned Kitchen ®