Quick and Easy Sautéed Asparagus is a fresh, healthy and delicious side dish that will quickly become one of your go-to recipes, especially on busy days.
- 1 bunch (around 1 pound) fresh asparagus spears, tough ends removed – See Tip below
- 1 tablespoon oil (olive, canola, vegetable – all will work)
- Seasoned salt, to taste (I like Lowreys or Janey’s Original Krazy Mixed Up)
- Cut asparagus spears on the diagonal into 1 to 1 1/2-inch long pieces.
- Place in a large skillet. Sprinkle with oil and shake pan to coat asparagus pieces with the oil.
- Cover and place over high heat. Once it begins to sizzle, cook for 1 minute, then turn heat down to low (it should still be sizzling). Keep it covered! Let cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until desired doneness. Serve immediately.
Tip on removing tough asparagus ends: Asparagus spears have a tough end to them that needs to be removed before cooking. Grab the tough end with one hand (between your thumb and first finger). Grab the tip with your other hand and gently bend the tip end downward, holding the tough end still. The spear will snap in two at the right point, where the tough part stops. Discard tough ends.