- 2 medium to large garlic cloves
- 1 1/4 cups packed fresh basil leaves (around 1.5 to 2 ounces)
- 1 cup packed fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a food processor, process the garlic cloves until pureed.
- Add the basil, spinach, parsley and pine nuts and process until finely chopped.
- With the motor running, slowing add the olive oil in a fine stream and process until the oil is absorbed.
- Add the cheese; process until incorporated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Make ahead: pesto can be stored for a few weeks, covered, in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before using.
- Category: sauces
- Method: Food Processor or Blender
- Cuisine: Iitalian