- 2 medium to large garlic cloves
- 1 1/4 cups packed fresh basil leaves (around 1.5 to 2 ounces)
- 1 cup packed fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a food processor, process the garlic cloves until pureed. Add the basil, spinach, parsley and pine nuts and process until finely chopped. With the motor running, slowing add the olive oil in a fine stream and process until the oil is absorbed. Add the cheese; process until incorporated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Make ahead: pesto can be stored for a few weeks, covered, in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before using.