- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup nonfat Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- teaspoon curry powder, or more to taste
- 1 pound fresh broccoli
- 1/2 lemon
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together mayonnaise, yogurt (or sour cream) and curry powder. Cover and refrigerate to allow the flavors to blend.
- Cut broccoli into florets; save stems for another use.
A. Steamer Basket in Saucepan Method
- Place florets in a steaming rack over boiling water; cover and steam for 7 to 10 minutes or until crisp-tender (time needed depends on size of florets and altitude where you live).
B. Instant Pot Method
- Pour 1 1/2 to 2 cups water into inner pot of cooker. Insert steamer basket (water should be below the basket). Place florets in basket; seal. Set on Pressure Cook for 0 minutes. As soon as the timer beeps, quick release the steam.
- Place broccoli on a serving platter or individual dinner plates.
- Squeeze fresh lemon over the top.
- Season to taste with salt and fresh ground pepper. Spoon some sauce over the top, passing remaining sauce on the side.
Make ahead: Sauce can be made up to 2 days in advance, covered and refrigerated.
Roasted broccoli variation: Place broccoli florets in a bowl and drizzle with a tablespoon or two of olive oil. Season with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Place on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast in a 400 degree oven for 5 to 6 minutes. Stir broccoli; continue cooking for an additional 7 to 10 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- Category: Side dishes
- Method: Steaming
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 237
- Sugar: 2.5 g
- Sodium: 371.4 mg
- Fat: 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.1 g
- Fiber: 3.5 g
- Protein: 4.7 g
- Cholesterol: 12.1 mg