Berry Cream Parfaits are quick and easy to prepare with only 6 ingredients, with flavors reminiscent of a creamy cheesecake. A blend of cream cheese, crème fraiche (or sour cream), lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon is layered with fresh berries in a fun glass and, presto! you have a scrumptious and beautiful dessert.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons crème fraiche – see Note
- 3 tablespoons powdered (confectioners’) sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for garnish
- 12 to 14 ounces fresh berries – blueberries, raspberries, or a mixture
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Using an electric mixer or food processor, blend together the cream cheese, crème fraiche, powdered sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon until light and creamy. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Layer the berries and cream cheese mixture alternately in 4 wine, martini or short (single old fashioned size) glasses, ending with the cheese mixture on the top.
- Garnish with additional cinnamon and fresh mint leaves (and maybe a berry or two).
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Crème fraiche: is available in the refrigerated section of most grocery stores, often in the deli section. Can substitute sour cream.
Make ahead: can be made earlier in the day, covered and refrigerated.