Berry Cream Parfaits are quick and easy to prepare with only 6 ingredients – and are super delicious!
I remember loving parfait desserts as a kid. All those wonderful layers . . . they were so elegant and impressive to me – and oh, so pretty. Lovely to look at, delicious to eat! And I still love them today, for the same reasons. These Berry Cream Parfaits are a particular favorite of mine because they are so quick and easy to prepare. Only 10 minutes to put together a beautiful and scrumptious dessert.
Simply blend cream cheese, crème fraiche (or sour cream), lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon. Then layer the cheese mixture with fresh berries in a fun glass and, presto! you have a delicious and beautiful dessert. The flavors are reminiscent of a creamy, yummy cheesecake.
I like to use a mixture of blueberries and raspberries, but any berry will work. If blackberries and strawberries are in season, by all means use them – in addition to the other berries, or on their own. Peaches and/or plums would be delicious, too! With only a handful of ingredients that you are likely to have in your pantry, Berry Cream Parfaits are perfect for last minute guests, or as a quick family treat.
Serve these Berry Cream Parfaits with our Ginger Spice Cookies (in my cookbook Fresh Tastes, p. 258) or purchased ginger snaps.
Pin it now to save for later!
Berry Cream Parfaits are quick and easy to prepare with only 6 ingredients, with flavors reminiscent of a creamy cheesecake. A blend of cream cheese, crème fraiche (or sour cream), lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon is layered with fresh berries in a fun glass and, presto! you have a scrumptious and beautiful dessert.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons crème fraiche – see Note
- 3 tablespoons powdered (confectioners’) sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for garnish
- 12 to 14 ounces fresh berries – blueberries, raspberries, or a mixture
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Using an electric mixer or food processor, blend together the cream cheese, crème fraiche, powdered sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon until light and creamy. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Layer the berries and cream cheese mixture alternately in 4 wine, martini or short (single old fashioned size) glasses, ending with the cheese mixture on the top.
- Garnish with additional cinnamon and fresh mint leaves (and maybe a berry or two).
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Crème fraiche: is available in the refrigerated section of most grocery stores, often in the deli section. Can substitute sour cream.
Make ahead: can be made earlier in the day, covered and refrigerated.