Discover a collection of more exclusive recipes in both of Lee's books,
A Well-Seasoned Kitchen and Fresh Tastes. Order Now
I love these Berry Cream Parfaits because they are super delicious, super quick & easy to prepare, and super impressive. They take only 10 minutes to put together! Simply blend cream cheese, crème fraiche (or sour cream), lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon. Then layer the cheese mixture with fresh berries in a fun glass and, presto! you have a delicious and beautiful dessert. The flavors are reminiscent of a creamy, yummy cheesecake.
I like to use a mixture of blueberries and raspberries, but any berry will work. If blackberries and strawberries are in season, you can use them – in addition to the other berries, or on their own. Peaches and/or plums would be delicious, too. With only a handful of ingredients that you are likely to have on hand, this dessert is perfect for last minute guests, or as a quick family treat.
Serve these parfaits with our Ginger Spice Cookies (in my cookbook Fresh Tastes, p. 258) or purchased ginger snaps on the side.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons crème fraiche*
- 3 tablespoons powdered (confectioners’) sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for garnish
- 12 to 14 ounces fresh berries – blueberries, raspberries, or a mixture
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Using an electric mixer or food processor, blend together the cream cheese, crème fraiche, powdered sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon until light and creamy. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Layer the berries and cream cheese mixture alternately in 4 wine, martini or short (single old fashioned size) glasses, ending with the cheese mixture on the top.
- Garnish with additional cinnamon and fresh mint leaves (and maybe a berry or two).
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Make ahead: can be made earlier in the day, covered and refrigerated.