Robert and I love Frozen Brandy Alexanders – it’s like dessert in a wine (or martini) glass! In fact, we like them so much that we served them in shot glasses at our wedding reception. They are an easy, make ahead drink/dessert that is made with readily available ingredients – perfect for a special celebration. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup good quality vanilla ice cream
- 1 1/2 ounces brandy
- 3/4 ounce white creme de cacao
- 1/4 cup crushed ice (optional)
- Ground nutmeg, for garnish
- Place ice cream, brandy and creme de cacao in a blender and process until mixed. Add ice (if using) and process until smooth.
- Sprinkle top with ground nutmeg and serve immediately, or freeze (won’t freeze hard due to the alcohol).