- 1/2 cup good quality vanilla ice cream
- 1 1/2 ounces brandy
- 3/4 ounce creme de cacao – white or dark (see Note below)
- 1/4 cup crushed ice (optional)
- Ground nutmeg, for garnish
- Place ice cream, brandy and creme de cacao in a blender and process until mixed.
- Add ice (if using) and process until smooth.
- Pour into an individual martini or coupe glass. Sprinkle top with ground nutmeg and serve immediately.
Note on Crème de Cacao: white crème de cacao will provide a lighter, more milk chocolate flavor, while regular will provide a richer, dark chocolate flavor.
Make ahead: Brandy Alexanders can be prepared up to 1 month ahead, packed into an airtight container and frozen. The mixture won’t freeze super hard due to the alcohol content. Let soften for a few minutes, then whirl in a blender until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Category: cocktails, dessert
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cocktail
- Calories: 414
- Sugar: 22.1 g
- Sodium: 68.4 mg
- Fat: 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 11.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 24.1 g
- Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 3.8 g
- Cholesterol: 98.4 mg