5 out of 5 stars
Get inspired to explore your own creativity in the kitchen with this award-winning collection of recipes. From delectable appetizers and creative salads to surprisingly easy-to-prepare main courses and luscious desserts, each recipe in Fresh Tastes was evaluated by a multitude of testers across the country, with varying levels of expertise, appliances and even at different altitudes. Only the best, most flavorful, eye catching dishes made the cut.
- 173 recipes – a combination of Lee’s own spin on dishes shared with her by friends and family, as well as flavorful creations direct from her own kitchen
- 65 beautiful color photographs of finished dishes, plus 18 photographs of key preparation steps
- Indispensable cooking tips, serving suggestions and a helpful menu section for entertaining
- Lee’s personal reflections on lessons learned in the kitchen and from inspiring people and places throughout her life
Roper’s follow-up to A Well-Seasoned Kitchen® expands on the approachable favorites that made her first effort such a hit, this time with a “fresh” take on classics that lend themselves to parties and get-togethers. This is a solid effort with practical dishes readers will likely find themselves returning to.
4.9 out of 5 stars
A Well-Seasoned Kitchen®
Discover delicious and beautiful fare in this gold medal-winning treasury of more than 180 classic recipes suited for a casual family meal or entertaining a crowd.
This inspiring collection features helpful ideas, menus and best-loved meals, perfect for cooks who cherish creating delicious food to nourish your family and friends. Throughout the book, beautiful photos and poignant memories of Lee and her mother Sally Clayton cooking and entertaining together—bring this loving collaboration to life.
- A loving mother/daughter collaboration from everyday home gourmet cooks Sally Clayton and Lee Clayton Roper
- 272-page cookbook with stunning, mouth-watering photographs
- 180+ recipes, planning menus and helpful tips
- Make-ahead ideas reduce time spent in the kitchen and maximize time spent with family and friends
I’ve been smitten with A Well-Seasoned Kitchen® by Lee Clayton Roper and her late mother, Sally Clayton…beautiful pictures and classic dishes…recipes are easy to follow, finely tuned and brightly flavored.