- Olive or vegetable oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup sherry, white wine or chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf – or sprig of parsley, cilantro, rosemary, etc.
- Coat bottom of heavy large skillet (preferably cast iron) with olive oil and heat over high heat.
- Place chicken breasts in a single layer in hot skillet and cook for 1 minute or until lightly browned. Turn over and cook 1 minute.
- Add liquid and herb(s). Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer until an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest portion reads 160 to 165 degrees, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside to cool.
- Category: cooking tip
- Method: Braising
- Cuisine: French