Quick and easy to prepare, Green Chile Breakfast Burritos are healthy, too – and will add a bit of spice to your morning meal! Turkey sausage and green onion are combined with fluffy scrambled egg whites inside a flour tortilla, and topped with green chile enchilada sauce and grated cheese.
- 4 turkey sausage links
- 2 to 4 green onions (depending on size), chopped (white, light and some of the dark green portion)
- 6 egg whites
- 1 (10 ounce) can green chile enchilada sauce (or 1 1/2 cups home-made if you have it)
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar-Jack cheese
- Slice the sausage and place in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Cook until beginning to brown.
- Add green onions to the sausage. Cook until onions begin to soften and sausage is fully browned.
- Add egg whites and cook, stirring occasionally, until fully cooked.
- While the eggs are cooking, place the green chile sauce in a small saucepan and bring to a low boil, stirring occasionally.
- Microwave tortillas for 10 to 15 seconds, just until warm. Divide egg mixture evenly between tortillas and roll up. Place burrito seam side down on a dinner plate. Top with generous amount of green chile sauce; sprinkle with grated cheese and freshly ground pepper. Serve immediately.