- 6 to 8 ounces angel hair pasta, preferably whole wheat
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2– by 1/2-inch strips
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, cut into quarters
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14-ounce) canned artichoke hearts in water, drained and quartered
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- In a large pot, bring salted water to boil for the pasta.
- Place flour in a shallow dish and whisk in oregano, paprika and parsley; season liberally with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour mixture, coating both sides and shaking off excess.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook just until garlic begins to turn a light brown. Using a slotted spoon, remove garlic from oil and set aside.
- Increase heat to medium-high, add chicken to oil in pan and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until golden brown on both sides, adding additional olive oil if needed. Remove chicken from pan, place on plate and keep warm (don’t clean out the pan).
- Add the wine to the pan, reduce heat to medium-low (wine should be at a simmer), scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer and cook 7 to 10 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Place pasta in boiling salted water and cook 3 to 4 minutes, according to package directions. Drain and set aside (don’t rinse).
- Chop cooked garlic slivers; stir into the wine-broth mixture. Stir in artichokes and capers. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until thoroughly heated. Stir in chicken and any juices that may have accumulated on the plate. Bring to a low boil, remove from heat and stir in butter.
- If pasta isn’t done yet, keep sauce warm over very low heat. Spoon chicken and sauce over pasta; sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.
Gluten free: Use gluten-free angel hair pasta. Substitute cornstarch for all-purpose flour. Use gluten-free chicken broth.
- Category: Pasta, light and healthy
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: Mediterranean/Italian
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 258
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.4 g
- Fiber: 4.6 g
- Protein: 19.9 g