Easy to prepare Coleslaw with Lemon-Mayonnaise Dressing takes the basic coleslaw recipe and amps up the flavor with additions of jicama, lemon juice and celery seeds. Bright, tangy, and oh, so delicious! And, it can be made up to 24 hours in advance, too.
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 1/4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seeds, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 head green cabbage, shredded (2 cups)
- 1/4 head red cabbage, shredded (2 cups)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 large jicama, peeled and grated, moisture rung out
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, vinegar, celery seeds and celery salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the cabbages, carrots, jicama and green onion (I like to use my hands).
- Add around half of the mayonnaise mixture and toss; add more dressing as needed (you may have some dressing left over). Season with salt and ground pepper to taste (won’t need much, if any, salt).
Make ahead: Dressing can be made up to 24 hours in advance, covered and refrigerated. Toss just before serving.