Feta Mousse is tangy, creamy and super flavorful. It’s quick and easy to prepare, too! Just four basic ingredients are accented by garlic powder, oregano, cayenne pepper and salt. Serve with grilled bread for an easy and elegant appetizer.
- 1 container (6 ounce) feta cheese crumbles (around 1 1/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup sour cream, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons good quality extra virgin olive oil, or more to taste
- 3 large green onions, dark and light green portions cut into 1-inch pieces – plus additional for garnish
- Sprinkle or two of garlic powder
- Dash oregano (fresh or dried)
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons heavy cream, if needed (see directions)
- Grilled ciabatta bread, crostini, pita chips or crackers, for serving
- In a small food processor or blender, process the feta cheese, sour cream, olive oil and green onion until well blended and very smooth.
- Add garlic powder, oregano and cayenne pepper; blend. Season to taste with kosher salt (may not need any). Add more sour cream or olive oil to taste, as needed.
- If your feta cheese is very strong/ripe, add in a bit of heavy cream to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Serve at room temperature with grilled ciabatta bread, crostini, pita chips or crackers.
Gluten free: Serve with grilled gluten-free bread or crackers.
Make ahead: Mousse can be prepared up to 2 days ahead, covered and refrigerated. Bring to room temperature before serving.