Grilled Potato Packets with Truffle Zest are the perfect side dish for you next barbecue. They’re easy to prepare, too – no pre-boiling needed!
- 2 pounds small (1 inch) new potatoes – red, yellow, and/or purple
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf (Italian) parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Truffle zest, to taste
- Preheat grill to medium (around 350 degrees).
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Place in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper; drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
- Tear off 8 12-by-12-inch sheets of foil. Make 4 stacks of foil with 2 sheets each, to form a double layer. Spray top sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Divide potatoes evenly between the stacks, placing in the middle of the foil. Fold up opposite sides and fold over to seal.
- Place packets on grill rack and grill, cover closed, for 25 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Carefully open packets and transfer potatoes to a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with parsley, Parmesan cheese and truffle zest.
- Alternatively, you can season potatoes in the foil packets and serve. (If you plan to serve the potatoes this way, I would make 6 packets instead of 4 – one per person.)