- 1 1/2 pounds (around 20) small-ish carrots (4 to 6 inches in length)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh Italian (flat leaf) parsley, for garnish
- Chopped roasted nuts (pecans, almonds, walnuts, etc.), for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel carrots, trim green tops to around 1-inch long.
- Place carrots in a single layer on a large rimmed cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil; season with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, and toss (I like to use my hands). Roast for around 25 to 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so, until carrots are just tender and not mushy.
- Remove from oven and place carrots on a serving platter. Garnish with chopped parsley and nuts (if using).
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Category: Side dishes, vegetables, easy, gluten free
- Method: roasting
- Cuisine: Easy