- Yield: Makes around 1 1/4 cups 1x
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (toasted or not)
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour and cook, whisking, for 3 minutes.
- Whisk in broth; increase heat to medium and bring to a low boil. Continue cooking, stirring or whisking, just until thickened.
- Whisk in Parmesan cheese, and continue cooking just until cheese is incorporated.
- Remove from heat and whisk in mustards and sesame seeds. Season to taste with fresh ground pepper. Serve immediately.
© A Well-Seasoned Kitchen ®