- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated yellow sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated white sharp Cheddar cheese (we like Cracker Barrel brand)
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 (2 ounce) jar chopped pimientos, drained
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Crackers and/or celery stalks
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cheeses, mayonnaise and pimientos. Mash together with a fork until well mixed. Season to taste with cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.
- Serve with crackers and/or celery stalks.
Gluten free: Serve with gluten-free crackers.
Make ahead: The cheese spread can be made up to 3 days before serving, covered and stored in the refrigerator.
- Category: Quick & Easy, dips and spreads
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: Southern