Prosciutto-Wrapped Mozzarella Sticks are a quick and easy, 3-ingredient appetizer that can be prepared ahead of time.
8 ounces smoked Mozzarella cheese (brick style)
6 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
1 small packet (around 3/4 ounce) fresh basil
- Cut Mozzarella cheese into 3 to 4-inch long matchstick pieces, around 1/2-inch thick. Set aside.
- Lay one piece of prosciutto on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, cut into a rectangle, and trim fat off the edges.
- Place a large basil leaf (or 2 if small) parallel to one short side of the prosciutto, leaving around 1/2-inch border. Place a cheese stick on top of the basil.
- Tightly roll prosciutto around cheese and basil.
- Repeat with remaining prosciutto, cheese and basil.
- Place sticks on a platter and serve!
Make ahead: Can be made up to 2 days ahead, covered and refrigerated.