Rack of Lamb with Nut Crust
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- 1 cup ground hazelnuts (can substitute almonds)
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs, preferably made from French bread
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 racks of lamb (around 7 to 8 ribs each), frenched/trimmed by the butcher
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line large rimmed cookie sheets with foil.
- Combine hazelnuts, breadcrumbs and rosemary in a medium mixing bowl. Toss with olive oil to coat.
- Place racks of lamb on prepared cookie sheets, meat side up. Brush with mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
- Press breadcrumb mixture onto Dijon mustard.
- Cover the ends of the bones with foil to prevent burning.
- Roast for about 25 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a rack registers 130 degrees (for medium-rare, the best way to serve lamb).
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes. Cut between each rib to separate and serve.
© A Well-Seasoned Kitchen ®