Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy
Quick and easy to prepare, Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy is perfect for busy day dinner!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: main dish, meats, quick and easy
- Diet: Low Calorie
- 2 pounds ground beef sirloin
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (or more to taste)
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 16 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms (any kind; I like baby bellas)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 cups beef broth
- kosher salt, to taste
- Mix together ground beef, chopped onion, garlic and Worcestershire sauce. Season mixture with ground pepper and form into 4 oval patties.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium heat until hot. Cook patties approximately 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through to desired doneness. Set aside and keep warm.
- Pour excess grease out of skillet. Add butter and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook until soft, stirring occasionally, around 3 to 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, whisk in flour and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Whisk in broth, increase heat to a low boil and cook until thickened, around 3 to 5 minutes. Taste and add salt and/or ground pepper as needed.
- Place beef patties on 4 individual serving plates. Spoon mushroom gravy over patties and serve.
© A Well-Seasoned Kitchen ®