- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 4 to 6-inch round of Brie cheese
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- Crackers, for serving
- Place the egg in a shallow dish, and the breadcrumbs in another shallow dish.
- Dip the cheese round in the egg, and then coat all sides with the bread crumbs, pressing to adhere. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter in a small skillet over medium heat just until it starts to brown. Brown cheese on all sides. Remove to a serving plate and keep warm.
- Wipe out the skillet with a paper towel and add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter to the skillet. Melt over medium heat and when foamy, sauté the onions for 2 minutes. Sprinkle sautéed onions over the cheese round and serve immediately with crackers.
Note: Don’t let the butter get too hot as you can easily burn the breadcrumbs.
Gluten free: use gluten free bread crumbs.
- Category: Appetizers, easy entertaining, gluten free