Sautéed Brie with Green Onion is a quick and easy, delicious appetizer that’s always a hit!
Cheese seems to be a universal crow-pleasing appetizer. This quick and easy Sautéed Brie with Green Onion recipe was a favorite of my mom – in fact, it was one of her creations. It’s super delicious, and takes standard Brie cheese up a few notches by breading it, sautéing it in butter, and topping it with sautéed green onions. You’ll be amazed at how much flavor there is in this 5-ingredient dish! With this recipe, you can put together a super scrumptious and pretty appetizer in less than 10 minutes from beginning to end.
Pin it now to save for later!
(Does this recipe look familiar to you? That’s because it’s an adaptation of our recipe for Camembert Sauté that’s in my cookbook “A Well-Seasoned Kitchen®”!)
Sautéed Brie with Green Onion is a quick and easy, 5-ingredient, delicious appetizer that is always a hit!
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 4 to 6-inch round of Brie cheese
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- Crackers, for serving
- Place the egg in a shallow dish, and the breadcrumbs in another shallow dish.
- Dip the cheese round in the egg, and then coat all sides with the bread crumbs, pressing to adhere. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter in a small skillet over medium heat just until it starts to brown. Brown cheese on all sides. Remove to a serving plate and keep warm.
- Wipe out the skillet with a paper towel and add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter to the skillet. Melt over medium heat and when foamy, sauté the onions for 2 minutes. Sprinkle sautéed onions over the cheese round and serve immediately with crackers.
Note: Don’t let the butter get too hot as you can easily burn the breadcrumbs.
Gluten free: use gluten free bread crumbs.