- Vegetable cooking spray
- 3 pounds chicken wings – drumettes, wingettes or a mixture
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more if you like it hot!)
- 2 cups prepared guacamole, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray rack of a broiler pan – or wire rack inserted in rimmed baking sheet – with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Pat chicken wings dry with paper towels; place in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, cumin, onion powder, paprika, lemon-pepper, garlic salt, oregano and cayenne pepper.
- Pour over the chicken and toss to coat with clean hands.
- Arrange wings in a single layer on prepared broiler pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until wings are tender, browned and 165 degrees on an instant read thermometer.
- Serve hot or at room temperature with guacamole on the side.
Make ahead: The wings can be made up to 3 days ahead, covered and refrigerated. Bring to room temperature or warm in a 350 degree oven before serving.
- Category: quick and easy, make ahead, appetizers, snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: (2 to 3 wings, excluding guacamole)
- Calories: 253
- Sugar: 0.1 g
- Sodium: 365.1 mg
- Fat: 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.6 g
- Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 37.7 g
- Cholesterol: 97 mg
Keywords: chicken wings, snacks, game day appetizers