(From “Fresh Tastes from A Well-Seasoned Kitchen” by Lee Clayton Roper)
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 3 pounds chicken wings or drumettes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups prepared guacamole
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray rack of a broiler pan or wire cooling rack inserted in rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Pat chicken wings dry with paper towels and place in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, cumin, garlic salt, onion powder, paprika, lemon-pepper, oregano, and cayenne pepper.
- Pour over the chicken, tossing to coat with your hands.
- Arrange wings in a single layer on prepared broiler pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until wings are tender, browned and cooked through.
- Serve hot or at room temperature with the guacamole on the side.
Make ahead: The wings can be made earlier in the day, covered and refrigerated. Bring to room temperature or warm in a 350 degree oven before serving.