- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Taco Seasoning – see Note
- 3/4 cup salsa (we like Pace brand)
- 6 green onions, chopped (white, light green and some of the dark green portion)
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, or more to taste
- 1 (2.25-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped lettuce
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together cream cheese, sour cream, and taco seasoning.
- Spread evenly in the bottom of an 8- or 9-inch pie plate or other shallow 4-cup dish.
- Spread salsa evenly over the top of cream cheese mixture.
- Top with remaining ingredients in this order: onions, cheese, olives, avocado, tomato, and lettuce.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Note on cream cheese mixture: It’s best to let the cream cheese-sour cream mixture sit for an hour or two before serving, to allow the flavors to blend. Don’t worry if you don’t have time though – it also tastes great when served immediately!
Note on Taco Seasoning: you can find my Taco Seasoning recipe here. Prepared Taco (or Mexican) Seasoning is also available in the spice or Mexican food aisle at most major grocery stores.
Gluten free: if using a purchasing Mexican or taco seasoning blend, make sure it’s gluten free.
- Category: Easy appetizers, dips, vegetarian
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex