For over 25 years, Lee Clayton Roper was a successful cable television executive attending? to high profile projects around the world. She oversaw the creation and launch of numerous new products, negotiated large deals and was frequently invited to speak at national and international conventions, conferences and corporate gatherings. But in her heart, she never strayed far from the family kitchen—where she always found comfort and strength. In 2009 she made the move from the corporate world to pursue her passion for cooking and entertaining.
Today, Lee is an award-winning cookbook author, cooking instructor, public speaker and TV personality. Her first book, A Well-Seasoned Kitchen®, co-written with her mother Sally Clayton, received numerous rave reviews, and is often featured in local and national press. In 2010, A Well-Seasoned Kitchen® achieved national acclaim, winning the prestigious “Living Now” gold medal. With Fresh Tastes, published in November 2015, Lee expands the A Well-Seasoned Kitchen® collection, serving up fresh, delicious and sophisticated dishes guaranteed to inspire creativity in kitchens everywhere.
At every appearance, Lee delivers a pinch of practical advice and a healthy serving of inspiration.
Lee shares her passion with others via public speaking. Leveraging her previous experience as a masterful corporate speaker, Lee has honed her on-stage presence, messages and style. She is dynamic, engaging and charming as she delivers motivational keynotes about her experiences—both in and out of the kitchen. In addition to sharing her expertise on the cooking and entertaining lifestyle, she has become a nationally recognized speaker on the topics of leadership, entrepreneurship—and more personally, the loving story of Lee and her mother’s personal journey that inspired the A Well-Seasoned Kitchen® cookbook collection. Her stories about following her heart leave audiences inspired and encouraged to reflect upon their own lives.
Subjects Lee speaks about:
- The loving story behind the development of her first book, A Well-Seasoned Kitchen®, and how she created a more meaningful relationship with her aging mother as they wrote the cookbook together
- Lessons learned—both in and out of the kitchen—from people and places that have inspired her
- Finding the courage to change careers and pursue your passion
- Lee’s 10 Key Ingredients for a Successful Career
- Stress-Free Entertaining—Tips, Menus and Recipes
- Kitchen How-To—Cooking with Fresh Herbs, Easy Grilling Techniques and More
- How to Write and Publish a Cookbook