Olive, Bacon and Cheese Puffs
This recipe is so easy and perfect for last minute guests as you are likely to have all of the ingredients on hand. Trust us, the flavors in these puffs all blend together so well that your guests will savor every bite.
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 can (4 1/2 ounce) chopped ripe black olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons diced canned green chiles
- 1 jar (2 ounce) diced pimento, drained
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (can also use American)
- 3 to 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 30 to 36 Melba Toast rounds
Beat egg whites and seasoned salt until stiff. Fold in remaining ingredients except rounds. Spoon mixture onto toast rounds and broil 5 to 6 inches from heat until browned and puffy, around 5 to 7 minutes. Serve hot.
© MLC Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.