Discover a collection of more exclusive recipes in both of Lee's books,
A Well-Seasoned Kitchen and Fresh Tastes. Order Now (Free Standard Shipping)
Even though the holidays are over, Robert and I still want to invite friends and family over for a cosy winter meal. After spending many hours cooking during December, I don’t want to make it an ordeal – just something uncomplicated, that can be made ahead and served buffet style. This menu fits the bill perfectly. I’ve included a “make ahead” game plan to make it even easier. Enjoy!
- Hearts of Palm Dip (Fresh Tastes, p. 30)
- Seafood Lasagna (A Well-Seasoned Kitchen®, p. 172)
- Roasted Tomato and Arugula Salad (A Well-Seasoned Kitchen®, p. 71)
- Anise Bread (Fresh Tastes, p. 224)
- Peppermint Ice Cream and Chocolate Squares
Make Ahead Game Plan:
- Up to one month ahead: Prepare and freeze Peppermint Ice Cream and Chocolate Squares.
- Two days ahead: Prepare Anise Bread. Wrap well and store and room temperature. Can also be frozen.
- One day ahead: Prepare Hearts of Palm Dip; cover and refrigerate. Make balsamic dressing for salad; refrigerate.
- Day of dinner: Prepare Seafood Lasagna. Cover and refrigerate. Prepare Roasted Tomatoes for salad (see my tip here); hold at room temperature.