A refreshing, delicious salad for a brunch, this dish is best made when mango, papaya and peaches are in season.
Caribbean Fruit Salad in a Citrus-Ginger Sauce
- Yield: 12+ 1x
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh ginger
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 1/2 cup chopped papaya
- 1 cup honeydew melon balls
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup sliced peaches
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 cup sliced bananas
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lime juice
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together 1/2 cup water with the sugar, ginger, lemon zest and lemon juice. Place over high heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until the sugar is dissolved (mixture will no longer be cloudy). Remove from heat, bring to room temperature and then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- About 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving, in a large serving bowl toss the fruit, lime juice and 1/3 cup of the citrus-ginger sauce.