What could be better – the ingredients in a BLT sandwich (minus the bread) in a bite size morsel! A wonderfully refreshing and delicious addition to any cocktail party menu.Print
BLT in a Cherry Tomato
- Yield: 10 to 12 1x
- 8 slices bacon
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Chopped parsley
- Cook bacon until crisp; drain and crumble.
- Take the green stem off of the top of each tomato, cut a slice off the bottom and carefully scoop out seeds and discard. Lightly salt inside of tomato shells and invert on paper towels for 15 minutes.
- Mix together the onion, bacon crumbles, lettuce and mayonnaise. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Fill each tomato with bacon mixture. Cover and chill. Place on a platter and garnish with chopped parsley.
Variation: Substitute 10 plum tomatoes for 20 cherry tomatoes. Slice plum tomatoes, season with salt and pepper. Place heaping teaspoonful of bacon mixture onto each tomato slice.
Make ahead: Tomatoes can be assembled, covered and chilled earlier in the day.