I started making this delectable dessert for summer dinner parties around 20 years ago, and my guests still love it today. Several friends have asked for the recipe, and some have requested that I include directions for how to freeze the sorbet without an ice cream maker, so those instructions are provided below. Enjoy!
Kiwi Sorbet Recipe
- Yield: 6; makes around 1 quart 1x
- 1/2 pound kiwi fruit
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice (around 2 to 3 large lemons)
- 1/2 cup Midori liquor
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup cold water
- fresh raspberries
- Cut the kiwi in half and using a spoon, scoop out the flesh. Place in the bowl of a food processor. Add the sugar, lemon juice, Midori, corn syrup and water. Place in the refrigerator to chill for around 1 hour. Blend well. Place in an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. Serve with the fresh berries.
- If you don’t have an ice cream maker: place the blended kiwi mixture in a freezer-safe dish, cover with plastic wrap and freeze 8 hours or up to overnight. Process in a food processor or blender until smooth. Do not over process! Freeze again until firm, preferably overnight.