Enjoy the fresh taste of summer all year ‘round with my tangy and smooth Banana Mango Smoothie! Quick and easy to prepare – and healthy, too.
The other day, I was looking at a very ripe large mango and banana on my kitchen counter, wondering how I could quickly and easily use them up. Why not a smoothie? I rummaged around in the refrigerator and found a large navel orange, some fresh mint and a partially-full bottle of key lime juice. So, I threw it all together in a blender, added a bit of honey, a dash of cinnamon and a pinch of salt, and whirled it all around until it was super smooth. To finish it off, I added a handful of ice, whirled it around again.
The resulting Banana Mango Smoothie tastes just like a fresh summer day! Tangy, fresh, fruity and delicious. I think the mint and key lime juice are the secret to its fresh and bright taste. I recently made this smoothie with juice from fresh key limes (instead of bottled) and it was just as delicious. Banana Mango Smoothies are now one of Robert’s favorite additions to the breakfast table!
Pin it now to save for later.
Tip on ripe bananas: did you know that you can freeze ripe bananas? They immediately turn brown, but that’s not a problem if using them in smoothies, my Banana Bread or my Banana Raspberry Cake with Lemon Frosting recipe!
Banana Mango Smoothie
Banana Mango Smoothies taste just like a fresh summer day! Tangy, fresh, fruity and delicious. Fresh mint and key lime juice are the secrets to its fresh and bright taste. Easy to prepare, and healthy, too!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: beverages, breakfast, healthy, gluten free
- 1 large mango, peeled and coarsely chopped (around 1 cup, or 6 ounces, mango cubes) – can also use frozen
- 1 large ripe banana, peeled and sliced into 2-inch pieces
- Juice from 1 large navel orange (1/4 to 1/3 cup)
- 3 tablespoons key lime juice – see Note
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 6 to 8 large fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- Dash cinnamon
- Pinch (or 2) of kosher salt
- 1 to 2 handfuls ice
- 1 key lime, for garnish (optional)
- Place mango, banana, orange juice, lime juice, honey, mint, cinnamon and salt in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste and add more lime juice, mint, cinnamon or salt as needed.
- Add ice and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Garnish with fresh mint and a slice of key lime, if desired.
Note on key lime juice: If you can’t find fresh key limes, use bottled key lime juice (I like Nellie and Joe’s brand). You can also substitute juice from regular limes, but you may need more honey.
Make ahead: Smoothies can be prepared up to 24 hours in advance, covered and refrigerated.