The other day while grocery shopping I found product from the Canadian bakery Ozery that I hadn’t seen before, called “Whole Wheat One Bun”. They looked pretty much like a soft taco made out of bread to me, and I love tacos, so I decided to give them a try. The other morning, Robert asked for something new for breakfast, so I decided to make breakfast tacos in our new One Buns. We both thought they were scrumptious, so I’m sharing the recipe. Enjoy!
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (regular or low fat)
- 2 tablespoons salsa (Pace picante recommended), or more to taste
- 2 Ozery Whole Wheat One Buns
- 4 egg whites
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Mexican (or taco) seasoning
- 1/4 cup seeded, chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Cook bacon (I like to do it in the microwave oven). Crumble and set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together the sour cream and salsa. Set aside.
- Spray a small skillet with olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add egg whites and Mexican seasoning and cook until set. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then spoon into buns. Spoon sour cream mixture over eggs. Top with tomatoes, green onions, cheese and bacon. Serve immediately.