Indulge in the harmonious flavors, creamy textures, and refreshing notes of Green Pea Crostini, where each bite offers a savory delight. Sweet peas, peppery basil, cool mint, spicy jalapeno, creamy ricotta and olive oil are blended to perfection, then spread on toasted bread slices. A mouthful of fresh springtime in every bite!
Why You’re Going to Love This Green Pea Crostini Recipe
Here are a few reasons why you’ll absolutely love this crostini recipe:
- Bursting with freshness. The combination of sweet peas, basil, mint, and jalapeño pepper creates a vibrant flavor profile. Each bite offers a burst of fresh, herbaceous goodness that is simply irresistible.
- Creamy and delicious. The addition of ricotta cheese lends a creamy and luxurious texture to the pesto-like pea mixture, adding both depth and richness and creating a velvety smooth spread that perfectly complements the crunchy crostini base.
- Versatile and easy to make. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or looking for a quick appetizer to enjoy on a cozy night in, these Green Pea Crostini are a versatile choice. With just a few simple steps, you can whip up this recipe in no time using a food processor or blender.
- Eye-catching presentation. The vibrant green color of the pesto-like mixture is visually striking and contrasts with the golden crostini, creating a visually appealing dish.
- Springtime sensation. The fresh peas and herbs in this dish capture the essence of springtime freshness.
This recipe for these delectable Green Pea, Basil and Mint Crostini came to me from good friend Missy Glauch. Peas, basil, mint, jalapeño pepper, ricotta cheese and olive oil are quickly blended together in a food processor or blender. After seasoning with salt and white pepper, this vibrantly green pesto-like mixture is spread on toasted slices of sourdough or ciabatta bread. Simply garnish each crostini with a small basil leaf and serve – what could be easier! So fresh and light – and healthy too!
Pin it now to save for later –Print
- 1 1/2 cups (around 8 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Ground white pepper, to taste
- 1 sourdough baguette or ciabatta bread
- In a food processor combine the peas, jalapeno pepper, basil, mint, olive oil and ricotta cheese. Process until creamy. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes up to 8 hours, to allow the flavors to blend.
- Cut baguette into 1/4-inch slices, place on a baking sheet and spray or brush with olive oil. Broil on top shelf of oven until bread is light golden-brown in color, approximately 45 seconds to minute. Turn slices over and repeat. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- To assemble, spread around 1 tablespoon of the pea mixture on each crostini. Top with a small basil leaf – tear larger leaves in two.
Make ahead: Crostini can be made up to 24 hours ahead and stored in an airtight container at room temperature. Green pea mixture can be prepared earlier in the day, covered and stored in the refrigerator.
- Category: appetizers, quick and easy, make ahead