Scrumptious Roasted Carrot Soufflé is full of buttery carrot flavor, with just the right amount of sweetness. It’s easy to prepare, too – just blend and bake! No beating or folding of egg whites required.
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 2 to 3-inch pieces (can also use baby carrots)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Butter a 4-cup soufflé dish.
- Place carrots in a single layer on a large rimmed cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil; season with kosher salt and toss (I like to use my hands). Roast for around 30 to 35 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so, until carrots are very tender. Remove from oven and set aside to cool for around 5 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Place carrots in a food processor or blender. Add eggs, butter, vanilla, sugar, flour and baking powder. Blend until creamy. Pour into prepared dish and bake for 1 hour.
Make ahead: Carrots can be roasted up to 24 hours ahead, cooled, covered and refrigerated. Bring to room temperature before proceeding.
Gluten free: use gluten free flour blend.