Individual Blueberry Cakes – the perfect quick and easy dessert for a busy weeknight.
These Individual Blueberry Cakes are a great last-minute dessert you can pull together in less than 15 minutes (prep time) on those nights you have unexpected guests – or just want to treat yourself! They call for only 7 ingredients that you are likely to have on hand (flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, milk, butter and, yes, blueberries) and are super easy to prepare, delicious, and elegant – what more could you ask for? If you don’t have fresh blueberries on hand, substitute frozen blueberries that have been thawed and drained. I like to add a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream when serving. Enjoy!
Individual Blueberry Cakes
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Coat 4 large (8 to 10-ounce) ramekins with cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the milk and butter. Add to the flour mixture, stirring until just combined (do not overmix).
- Divide the batter evenly between the 4 prepared custard cups. Top each with 1/2 cup blueberries. Bake for 35 minutes or until bubbly and top is light brown.