Individual Blueberry Cakes – the perfect quick and easy dessert for a busy weeknight.
Individual Blueberry Cakes are a great last-minute dessert you can pull together in less than 15 minutes (prep time) on those nights you have unexpected guests – or just want to treat yourself! Calling for only 7 ingredients that you are likely to have on hand in your pantry (flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, milk, butter and, yes, blueberries), they are super easy to prepare. No electric mixer or blender required – all you need is two mixing bowls, a spoon, a whisk and some ramekins. That’s it! Easy, delicious and elegant – what more could you ask for?
If you don’t have fresh blueberries on hand, substitute frozen blueberries that have been thawed and drained. I like to add a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream when serving.
Pin it now to save for later!
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 cup milk (can use whole, 2% or skim)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Coat 4 large (8 to 10-ounce) ramekins with cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the milk and butter. Add to the flour mixture, stirring until just combined (do not overmix).
- Divide the batter evenly between the 4 prepared custard cups.
- Top each with 1/2 cup blueberries.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until bubbly and top is light brown.
- Category: desserts, quick and easy, pantry ingredients