A favorite fall-flavored recipe in our house is my quick and easy Roasted Chicken Sausage and Butternut Squash.
Roasted Chicken and Butternut Squash is a satisfying and flavorful dish that’s perfect when squash is in season and I’m trying to use the last of my garden herbs before the first snowfall. You can purchase a two-pound bag of peeled and cubed butternut squash at Costco, which reduces the prep time on this recipe to about five minutes!
I prepared this recipe on camera with the Good Day LA crew in our airstream trailer! Watch the clip here for some tips on peeling butternut squash (and a few laughs as the on-air talent didn’t know a thing about cooking!).
Roasted Chicken Sausage and Butternut Squash
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings 1x
- Category: Poultry, quick and easy
2 pounds peeled, seeded and cubed (1/2 to 3/4 inch) butternut squash (around 6 cups)
8 cooked chicken sausages (like chicken and apple), cut into 3/4-inch pieces
4 teaspoons chopped garlic
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
3 tablespoons olive oil (can also use flavored olive oil like chipotle or roasted red pepper)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large roasting pan, combine squash, sausage, garlic, rosemary, sage and thyme.
- Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to mix.
- Roast until squash is tender, stirring occasionally, for about 25 to 30 minutes.