(See gluten-free adaptation in Notes section below.)
- 2 pounds peeled, seeded and cubed (1/2 to 3/4 inch) butternut squash (around 6 cups)
- 8 cooked chicken sausages (like chicken and apple), cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 4 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (can also use flavored olive oil like chipotle or roasted red pepper)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large roasting pan, combine squash, sausage, garlic, rosemary, sage and thyme.
- Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to mix.
- Roast until squash is tender, stirring occasionally, for about 25 to 30 minutes.
Gluten free: Use gluten-free sausage.
- Category: Poultry, quick and easy
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 553
- Sugar: 7.8 g
- Sodium: 1746.2 mg
- Fat: 34.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 9.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.4 g
- Fiber: 4.5 g
- Protein: 25.2 g
- Cholesterol: 201.6 mg