Quick and easy to prepare, roasted chicken sausage and butternut squash is full of both flavor and color. And, it’s so scrumptious your whole family will love it! Calling for only 7 ingredients, simply slice chicken sausage and roast it together with the squash, olive oil, garlic and a mixture of fresh herbs. Don’t have fresh herbs on hand? No problem! Just use dried (1 teaspoon dried = 1 tablespoon chopped fresh).
- 2 pounds peeled, seeded and cubed (1/2 to 3/4 inch) butternut squash (around 6 cups)
- 8 cooked chicken sausages (like chicken and apple), cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 4 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (can also use flavored olive oil like chipotle or roasted red pepper)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large roasting pan, combine squash, sausage, garlic, rosemary, sage and thyme.
- Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to mix.
- Roast until squash is tender, stirring occasionally, for about 25 to 30 minutes.