Artichoke, Jalapeno and Cheese Dip is a creamy, slightly spicy appetizer – that’s also quick and easy to prepare!
I love artichokes, and have since I was a little girl. I have several artichoke dip recipes in my files, and this one is a favorite. Artichoke hearts are combined with jalapeno pepper for a bit of spice, green onion, garlic and three cheeses – cream, goat and Parmesan. You can either heat it on the cooktop or bake it – I provide directions for both. The result is ooey, gooey deliciousness!
This dip comes together quickly and easily – from beginning to end in around 30 minutes.
Pin it now to save for later!
Artichoke, Jalapeno and Cheese Dip is a creamy, spicy, scrumptious appetizer – that’s also quick and easy to prepare!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 ounces goat cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (14-ounce) artichoke hearts, drained, squeezed dry, coarsely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers (around 2 inches in length), seeded, deveined and chopped – See Note
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions (white, light green and some dark green part)
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- Dash cayenne pepper (or more to taste)
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- In a medium mixing bowl, using a fork mash together the cream cheese, goat cheese and Parmesan cheese. Stir in the artichoke hearts, peppers, onions, garlic and cayenne. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place mixture in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for around 5 to 7 minutes, or until creamy and bubbly hot.
- Spoon into a serving bowl and serve immediately, with tortilla chips on the side.
Make ahead: mixture can be prepared but not baked up to 24 hours in advance. Cover and store in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before heating.
Note on jalapenos: if you like spice, leave some of the seeds in. If you leave all of them in, it will be very spicy!
Oven variation: place artichoke-cheese mixture in a shallow baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for around 15 to 20 minutes, or until bubbly and heated through.