The BBQ Beef in these BBQ Beef Sandwiches is prepared in a slow cooker with our special Oklahoma BBQ Sauce. No need for a grill!
It’s easy to prepare a delicious barbecue without having to light a single coal. We have two recipes that result in a finger-lickin’ good barbecue, but rely on either a slow cooker or the oven – BBQ Beef Sandwiches (recipe below) and BBQ Chicken. Each recipe features our spicy ‘n sweet Oklahoma BBQ Sauce, that’s perfect not only for these chicken and beef recipes, but for pork and ribs, too. What’s even better is that once you make this sauce (you get more than a quart from a single batch!) you can keep it refrigerated almost indefinitely.
These sandwiches are delicious served with Dorothy’s Potato Salad.Print
4 pounds chuck or arm roast
2 cups water
4 cups Oklahoma BBQ Sauce, divided
Hamburger buns, preferably brioche
- In a slow cooker, place the roast in the bottom and add 2 cups water. Cover and cook on high for 4 to 5 hours, or on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Take meat out of cooker and drain, reserving about 1/2 cup liquid.
- Shred the meat with two forks; return to slow cooker. Stir in 2 cups barbecue sauce and reserved liquid. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Taste and stir in more sauce if desired.
- Serve on hamburger buns, passing remaining sauce on the side.
- Category: main dish, BBQ, slow cooker, easy entertaining